Role: Udacity Blitz – Lead architect, technical project manager, and backup engineer.
Here’s what Ariana Huffington had to say regarding the outcome:
“Udacity Blitz is a service we need in today’s rapidly changing corporate landscape. They truly put their engineers first, and it was a pleasure to work with them on our mobile project.” —Arianna Huffington, Founder and CEO, Thrive Global
I was responsible for various releases which included the fully functional MVP, alpha, and beta release stages. The final release went under Thrive Global in partnership with Samsung for the release of Note8. Each iteration cycle contained unique challenges ranging between new designs, features, all varying in scope.
From concept to delivery I took ownership, built the teams, managed and monitored the project to success. It was fun! I love the energy of building and engineering with a talented and creative teams.
Android OS was selected for two main reasons:
- Ability to rapidly prototype with an unlocked OS
- Ease to support validating marketplace fit with pop-up stores across the US
iOS was at focus during each iteration cycle in parallel to our Android efforts. We needed to craft a prototype to display updated screens that simulated an Android working app with an iOS theme. The relationship with Thrive Global and Emerson collective propelled Apple to take action. The iOS prototype and fully functional MVP was used to influence the creation of iOS Screentime.
- Washington Post: https://bit.ly/wp_arianna_huffington
- PC-mag: https://bit.ly/pc_mag_thrive
- Apple Screentime release: https://bit.ly/project_silo
- Arianna Huffington Declares All-Out War on Screen Time https://www.fatherly.com/parenting/arianna-huffington-war-screen-time-thrive-app/